Construction of a greenfield 5 MW hydro power plant for Benedictine Sisters in Tanzania
Sponsor and Investor for the project is Mr. Albert Koch, a Swiss private individual, whose objective is to create a long term income stream for the Benedictine Sisters, to finance the Benedictine Sister’s charitable activities (Schools, orphanage, medical care, etc.). At the same time, the project will provide a stable electricity supply in the region, will allow the connection of new households to the electricity network and will permit the replacement to a large extent of diesel power plants currently in use in the region.
Total project cost is approx. USD 26.4 million, of which USD 18.5 million are financed by way of a SERV covered loan facility.
- Closing: July 2014
- Role of AIL: Financial advisor to project sponsor
Activities performed by AIL:
- Structuring of the overall project, including supply contract structure and financial structure
- Preparation of the necessary documentation for the financing process, including business plan, financial model, preparations for loan and SERV applications
- Providing advice and support to the project sponsor regarding project structuring and project agreement negotiations
- Management and coordination of all activities related to the financing process up to financial closing